Lemon Tart with meringue
10 Apr 2015
Lemon tart with meringue:
Serves 8 people
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
- 250g plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 125g butter, melted
- 395g NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
You’ll want to get your meringue peaks as high as possible in this delicious pie, to really impress your friends.
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Combine biscuit crumbs and butter then press into the base and sides of a 23cm (9”) flan tin. Refrigerate until firm.
- Beat together NESTLE Sweetened Condensed Milk, egg yolks, lemon rind and lemon juice. Pour into prepared base.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar until sugar has dissolved. Spoon meringue over filling.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden. Serve warm or cold.