Chicken a la provencale
4 Apr 2015
Chicken a la provencale:
- bell red, 1 green peppers, quartered, deseeded,
- 1 yellow capsicum (if you know what it is) or bell pepper, quartered, deseeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5kg chicken thigh pieces, excess fat trimmed
- brown onions, halved, cut into wedges
- garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 1 x 660ml bottle tomato pasta sauce and tomato
- 250ml (1 cup) Campbell’s Real Stock Chicken
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 80g (1/2 cup) pitted black olives
- you may serve with pasta,
- Preheat grill on high. Place combined capsicum, skin-side up, under grill and cook for 8-10 minutes or until charred and blistered. Transfer to a sealed plastic bag. Set aside for 10 minutes (this helps lift the skin). Remove the skin from the capsicum and cut the flesh into thick strips.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a large baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Add the capsicum, tomato sauce and fresh tomato, stock and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in olives. Serve pasta and cheese.